Why Winter is a Great Time of Year
Not a fan of winter? Consider some of its good – and healthy – points!
- The beauty of the snowy scenery
- Holiday music, candles, decorations, parties and fun
- Bright white and colored holiday lights
- Hot beverages and comfort food
- Getting cozy with blankets and fires
- Gift-giving and presents
- Watching or participating in winter activities or sports such as sledding, skating, skiing, snowmobiling, football, basketball, snowball fights and building snowmen and snow forts
- Colder temperatures make your body work harder to maintain core temperature, so you might burn more calories.
- In cooler temperatures, the body may use less glucose, leaving more for the brain’s mental tasks, boosting brain power and clearer thinking.
- Cooler temperatures and less daylight can improve sleep.