Specialty Leasing Manager
Develops retail operations and concepts for centers. Negotiates rents and terms with temporary tenants in accordance with company guidelines. Develops relationships with temporary tenants to encourage repeat business and referrals. Interacts with local government to ensure compliance to all ordinances and regulations. Performs other duties as assigned.
Washington Prime Group offers:
Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, 401k with no vesting schedule, and paid time off.
On-going learning opportunities within a rewarding work environment.
Career experiences that can span different WPG departments and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Areas of Responsibility
• Canvasses region to find and develop retail operations and concepts for centers and funnels useful contacts and ideas to corporate.
• Actively canvasses other malls, trade shows, fairs, festivals and strip centers for temporary tenant leads.
• Meets and or exceeds projected income budget.
• Monitors temporary tenant activities and resolves problems in conjunction with the General Manager.
• Monitors and ensures visual merchandising requirements and standards are met.
• Evaluates retail mix to determine potential temporary tenant uses.
• Monitors fixture inventory and permanent tenant exclusives and kiosk restrictions.
• Oversees and monitors temporary tenant payments and sales reports in conjunction with mall staff.
• Negotiates, generates and enforces provisions of the license agreement.
• Reviews and approves tenant set-up and signage.
• Communicates with regional/tenant coordinator on cost estimates to repair tenant spaces.
• Collects, and monitors weekly/monthly minimum rent and percentage rent.
• Inputs rent information, sales, etc. into database and forwards checks to corporate office.
• Writes maintenance orders and follows up on performance.
• Prepares weekly action reports.
• Monitors insurance, business/tax/licenses of temporary tenants.
• Coordinates temporary tenant move-in and move-out with staff, maintenance, and security.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
Bachelors or better required.
Two (2) to three (3) years of retail/sales experience required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to travel by automobile and air, and to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
Good computer skills including spreadsheet and database applications.