Sales Floor Associates
Part-time Sales Floor Associates, 15-25 hours per week with flexible hours and days and a great associate discount.
Areas of Responsibility
Customer Service & Sales
- Greets and assists customers in finding products and delivers outstanding customer service
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service behaviors consistently
- Partners with other team members when additional support is needed
- Actively listens to customer issues in a calm and agreeable manner to resolve problems
• SET / Visual / Environment
- Assists with the SET processes by planning floor moves, placing graphics, and executing visual detailing based on company guidance
- Identifies sell-through opportunities and remerchandise the selling floor to increase rate of sale
- Responsible for maintaining all fitting room and sales floor recovery processes to ensure a clean and organized store environment
- Contributes to the execution of visual elements to support merchandising statements
- Responsible for stockroom maintenance
• door to floor / Restock / RFID & Inventory
- Follows placement directions to effectively place & set merchandise statements
- Contributes to merchandise receipt and reverse logistics processes
- Assists with the execution of inventory processes (cycle counts, system uploads, stock ledger, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) scans, etc.)
- Contributes to the Shoe on Display restocking process, including mismates and stockroom organization
- Contributes to the restock program to identify replenishment opportunities
• Assists with the jcp.com process including jcp.com orders and aged and undelivered orders/returns as needed
• Contributes to Buy Online Pick Up In Store and Ship from Store processes as needed
• General Operations
- Responsible for hourly restroom recovery throughout the store
- Contributes to Merchandise Transfer Out (MTO), Return to Vendor and Return to Warehouse activities
- Assists with the Defective MTO (DMTO) process ensuring proper and timely execution of all DMTO’s to ensure integrity of inventory and prevent shrink
• Performance Standards
- Supports company shrink and safety initiatives
- Consistently meets established performance standards for the role, including (but not limited to) product and service sales, customer service, profit, productivity, and attendance
CORE COMPETENCIES EMBRACES A GROWTH MINDSET
Education / Experience Requirements
Proposes and initiates actions on new ideas that improve our product, stores or practices.
• Listens to ideas and suggestions and applies ideas when appropriate, champions new initiatives.
• Encourages self and others to stretch beyond current capabilities and actively searches for ways to do more with less.
• Acts as a catalyst for change by challenging the status quo and motivating others to make improvements.
• Demonstrates business and functional expertise and stays current with developments in the retail industry; applies learning to drive company goals.
• Creates an environment that fosters teamwork, recognizes others’ accomplishments and respects and values differences in the workplace.
• Requires high personal and team performance standards, leads by example and motivates others to perform at a higher level.
• Aligns goals, processes, and culture to create momentum and champion a One Team approach. TAKES ACCOUNTABILITY
• Takes responsibility for excellent customer experiences and reliably delivers solutions that meet customer needs.
• Builds relationships by showing consideration for the perspectives of others and listens first before drawing conclusions.
• Develops positive and inclusive relationships across the organization. IMPLEMENTS WITH EXCELLENCE
• Develops and prioritizes short and long-range plans that are comprehensive, realistic, and effective in meeting company goals.
• Implements project/plans that are well-organized and efficient, seeks feedback and takes action.
• Effectively delegates work and communicates plans and expectations to others